Friday, March 21, 2014

St John the Evangelist Catholic Church - Oxford, Mississippi






Oxford, Mississippi is one of my favorite places on the face of the earth.  I am a graduate of Ole Miss, which is located in Oxford.  I was a member of the Mississippi Teacher Corps out of Ole Miss - I served as a Spanish teacher at Greenville Weston High School in the city of Greenville - the Queen City of the Mississippi Delta from 2000 to 2004 as a member of the Teacher Corps.  I went to St John the Evangelist Catholic Church in Oxford this past Monday for its Lenten reconciliation service.  Thank you to Father Joe Tonos for the wonderful welcome in Oxford - and for a wonderful dinner afterwards of crab cakes at Boure restaurant located on the square.  I always say that going to Oxford is a little glimpse of heaven here on earth.  

No comments:

Post a Comment