Friday, September 13, 2024

Bulletin Reflection - 26th Sunday in ordinary time - 29 September 2024

It is hard to believe that it is already the end of the month of September. It seems like the summer months were just upon us. We will continue our journey during the days of ordinary time until we celebrate Advent at the beginning of December. We give thanks for all of our parishioners who contribute to our parish in so many different ways. This Sunday, September 29, is the date we celebrate the Archangels Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael. It was about ten years ago when I was stationed at St James parish in Tupelo that I started praying the prayer of St Michael the Archangel at the end of the weekend Masses with my parishioners. I noted that all the parishes I visited for mission appeals this summer pray this prayer at the end of Mass as well. I love the prayer of St Michael the Archangel. I think it is very important to teach our children and youth a lot of the traditional prayers and devotions of our Catholic faith. Blessings to all of you - have a good week - Father Lincoln.

No comments:

Post a Comment