Friday, September 13, 2024

25 September 2024 - homily for Wednesday of the 26th week in Ordinary Time - Luke 9:57-62

We hear one of Jesus’ disciples declare today: “I will follow you wherever you go.”  Those are very easy words to say, especially when we don’t know where the road will lead in our journey of faith, when we don’t know the sacrifices we are going to have to make and what we are going to have to leave behind. We see some many of the saints and so many examples of faith make many sacrifices to serve God and his people. Even with their willingness to suffer for the faith, many of them could never have predicted the trials and tribulations they would endure. When I left for Canada and Ecuador to be a lay missionary, I would not have been able to imagine where that road would have taken me. In a lot of ways, I am glad I did not know. However, I still give thanks for those experiences, both the joys and the sorrows. May we give thanks for our journey of faith, no matter what that journey may be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment