Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Bulletin reflection - 12th Sunday of Ordinary Time - 23 June 2024

Last weekend I was at a mission appeal at St Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, located near the campus of the University of Southern California. That parish has five masses each Sunday, with four of those Masses being in Spanish and one being in English. This weekend I am at a mission appeal in a parish in Providence, Rhode Island. I remember that in the reimagining process in our Diocese, on of my fellow priests stated that he did not feel a missionary spirit alive in our Diocese. I would disagree, as the missionary spirit is very alive in my heart and very alive in our Diocese in different ways. I love going throughout the country, celebrating Mass in different parishes on mission appeals and talking about our experiences as a Mission Diocese. When I visit the different parishes in our Diocese, when I celebrate Mass when I am pastor here at Holy Savior and Immaculate Conception, when I celebrate Mass with the Carmelite sisters and with the inmates at the federal and state prisons, I feel the missionary spirit of our Diocese in a very real way. Have a wonderful weekend. Blessings to all of you - Father Lincoln. 

No comments:

Post a Comment