Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela - leaving January 17

I saw a video interview today on Facebook in which a man was talking about his pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela.  He said that there were three main categories of people who walk the Camino de Santiago. There are the walkers and the hikers, those who go on pilgrimage for the physical challenge.  Then there are the people of faith, those who go for spiritual reasons.  And then there are the pilgrims, those who receive the call to go on pilgrimage and they ultimately don’t know why they are there.  He said that for the pilgrims, the path does not end at Santiago – they will still be searching for something. He said that you never leave the path – once you are a pilgrim, you never stop being a pilgrim.  I definitely fall in category 2 – but I also fall in category 3 as well.  I am definitely a pilgrim on a journey.  That will never end for me.  That is why I am going back to the Camino for the fourth time.  The first time was way back in 2003 before I was a priest.  


I leave for the Camino of Santiago de Compostela on January 17 -  I am very much looking forward to going back to this holy path and to spend time with God there.  I am so grateful to have this opportunity, more grateful than my words could ever express. 

No comments:

Post a Comment