Introduction to the penitential rite:
Today, as we hear of Christ bringing healing into someone’s life, may we ourselves seek the light of the Lord in own lives and in our own. As we reflect upon the darkness that we are confronted with in our lives here on earth, let us call to mind our sins:
Penitential Act - form C
Lord Jesus, you healed the man who had been born blind:
Lord, have mercy.
Lord Jesus, you call all sinners to repentance:
Christ, have mercy.
Lord Jesus, you call us out of darkness into your light:
Lord, have mercy.
Introduction to the Nicene creed: As Christ the Light continuously calls us to renew our life of faith, let us profess that faith in him:
Prayers of the faithful:
Celebrant: As our Lord leads us and guides us in the right path, let us now offer these prayers to him today.
1. For our Church. may she always help us seek to light the world with Christ’s love, let us pray to the Lord.
2. For all those who live in the darkness of war, oppression, terrorism or persecution, may the Lord lead them to healing, safety, and wholeness, let us pray to the Lord.
3. For enlightenment for those discerning their vocations and for those preparing for the Easter sacraments, that they might live by the light of Christ, let us pray to the Lord.
4. For our community of faith as we strive to lighten the burdens
of those in need around us, let us pray to the Lord.
5. For all the prayers that we hold in the silence of our hearts that are difficult to put into words. May the Lord bring light to all in need and all
who are searching, let us pray to the Lord.
6. For the sick and shut-ins of our parish community
7. For the repose of the souls of the faithful departed.
Celebrant: O God of light and darkness, your goodness and kindness follow us all the days of our lives. Hear and graciously answer these our prayers according to your will, through Christ our Lord. AMEN.