Saturday, March 28, 2020

What books are you reading lately to grow in your faith?

Have you read a good book lately?  One of the new year’s resolutions I made in January was to read more books this year.  I am thankful that I had a mother and teachers that always encouraged me to read.  As an adult, we have so much pulling at our time that if we do not intentionally make time to read, it can easily not be a priority in our lives.  I know that I really have to set time aside to read, or it is something that I can just ignore.  

Maybe this crisis the world is going through right now can be a wakeup call for us.  Maybe we need to spend more time reading: reading Sacred Scripture, reading good spiritual books and good novels.  Our Formed website has some very good books that can help us achieve this goal in reading good books.  If you are not subscribed to our Formed website, go to our St Jude parish website to found out how.  If you are having problems call Stacy or Rhonda or Kelly at the parish office and they will gladly help you get set up with Formed.  

Deacon John and I are going to make some videos in the next week about spiritual books that have impacted our lives.  I always love hearing about the good books other people are reading.  And may we be inspired in this time of crisis to read more Scripture and to learn more about our faith.  

No comments:

Post a Comment