Sunday, February 25, 2018

March 6, 2018 - homily for Tuesday of the 3rd week of Lent - Psalm 25


      The psalmist asks the Lord to remember his mercies.  We want God’s mercy when it applies directly to our own lives, don’t we?  But, then, we don’t necessarily want God’s mercy for others, do we?  Sometimes, in those situations, we are a bit more strict in our interpretation.  That is the whole point of the Gospel today. I had found this prayer written by a Jesuit priest, based upon the Anima Christi, written by Ignatius of Loyola.  I thought it was very appropriate to today’s readings: 

Soul of Christ - 

Jesus, may you flow into me. 
May your body and blood 
be my food and my drink. 

May your passion and death 
be my strength and life. 

Jesus, with you by my side 
enough has been given. 

May the shelter I seek 
be the shadow of your cross. 

Let me not run from the love 
which you offer. 

But hold me safe from the forces of evil. 
On each of my dyings 
shed your light and your love. 

Keep calling me until the day comes, 
when with your saints, 
I will praise you forever. 
Amen. 

By David L Fleming, SJ 
Adapted from ANIMA CHRISTI

No comments:

Post a Comment