Saturday, February 17, 2018

Book Review - Ramanus Cassario, OP - The Seven Last Words of Jesus

The Seven Last Words of Jesus

1. Father, forgive them, they know not what they do.

2. Amen, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.

3. Woman, behold your son.

Behold your Mother.

4. My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?

5. I thirst.

6. It is finished.

7.  Father, into your hands I commend my spirit.

These are the seven last phrases spoken by Jesus before his death.  This book is a mediation on these last words of Jesus, which is a common practice during the season of Lent and during Holy Week.  I have read this book before.  It was a good practice to read in preparation for the holy season of Lent.  It is a very easy read and is highly recommended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment