Thursday, May 1, 2014

Wow! Cleaning up in Tupelo.

When I went off to the hospital Monday afternoon to visit someone from our parish in Corinth who was requesting the anointing of the sick, I did not expect to rush back to our parish only to have a tornado hit after I had been back about 5 minutes.  After a very scary experience, I opened the door to find this:





We were fortunately to have survived.  We have been literally digging out of the debris and damage these past few days.  We are all mentally and physically exhausted.  But we see God's blessings around us.  We see friends and strangers coming to help.   We see so many in solidarity together.  

I will write a longer post later, but wanted to update everyone as to what is going on here at St James in Tupelo.  Thanks you for your prayers, love, and support.   

No comments:

Post a Comment