Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Nice thought to start the day...

 I saw this quote on a post on a pilgrim’s website regarding the pilgrimage of the Camino de Santiago de Compostela in Spanish.  A pilgrim wrote this in response to another pilgrim who felt that his experiences of a given day lost the spirit of the Camino.  The response was: El peregrino no exige , agradece. (A pilgrim does not demand – he is grateful.)  We see so many in life that no matter what, they are not satisfied.  So many of us can have a sense of entitlement, can’t we, and when something does not go the way we want it, we blame the other person and don’t take any responsibility ourselves.  Julian of Norwich once said: If the only prayer I have in my heart is “thank you”, that is sufficient.  I will keep this in mind as I go through my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment