Thursday, May 31, 2012

5/31/2012 - Fourth anniversary of my ordination to the priesthood -

It is very hard for me to believe, but today, on the Visitation of the Virgin Mary to her Cousin Elizabeth, I celebrate four years as a priest.  My ordination to the priesthood in the Diocese of Jackson, Mississippi was on May 31, 2012.  I remember all of my family and friends who travel here to Mississippi for my ordination, including friends from Canada, my sister Kimberley from California, my brother Cameron from Illinois, and friends from North Carolina and Sacred Heart School of Theology in Wisconsin.  I give thanks to the people of the parishes where I served since that time - All Saints Catholic Church in Belzoni; St Richard and Holy Family in Jackson; and St Mary and St Francis of Assisi in Yazoo City.  I gave thanks to the correctional institutions where I have served as a priest: Central Mississippi Correctional Facility in Pearl,  and the Yazoo County Regional Correctional Facility and the Yazoo City Federal Correctional Facility in Yazoo City.  And I would not be here if it were not for the many people who nurtured me along the way, including my home parish of Sacred Heart in Greenville, Mississippi.  I give thanks to the Lord, and hope to serve him and his Church for many years to come. 


Picture of the Visitation that hangs in my office, 
given to me by St Richard Catholic School in Jackson, MS. 

Metal cross that hangs in my office, given to me by parishioners
Beth and Paul Alleman of All Saints parish in Belzoni, MS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment