Wednesday, May 16, 2012

St Peregrine -

Today, we pray for the intercessions of St Peregrine, the patron saint of cancer patients, and those suffering from AIDS and HIV.  Peregrine's official day is on May 1, but that day is set aside in the Roman calendar for St Joseph the Worker.  I saw him on the saint calendar on the Americancatholic.org website.  I was at the prison today here in Yazoo City, where we prayed for those family members and loved ones of the prisoners suffering from cancer.  I pray in memory of my mom, Lila Spannenberg Dall, who died of breast cancer in September 1991, more than twenty years ago, which is so hard to believe.  My mom never got to see me as a priest, but I think of her often, and feel her presence with me so often.  I think of all the parishioners whose funerals I have presided at what were suffering from cancer.  My prayers and love go out to all of you -


No comments:

Post a Comment