Sunday, December 6, 2020

Prayer for the third Sunday in Advent - 13 December 2020

 The last two weeks, I have shared Advent prayers from Catholic Relief Services.  This week, on the third weekend of Advent, I am continuing in that tradition.  There have been a lot of struggles, suffering, fear, and frustration during the pandemic.  But there have been a lot of blessings and new life as well.  May we look forward to a time of renewal and rebirth coming out of what we are going through.  May we gain insights in our journey through the Advent season.  


Something in Me Wants to Be Born in Winter

Lord of all Light,

When my days are filled with doubt,

Something within me will not cease believing.

When I feel despair, something in me still hopes.

Even when I see hatred,

Something within me is still moved to love.

I am not Mary: Sinless, blameless, ever-virtuous.

Yet something in me wants to be born in winter.

Teach me to nourish it, protect it, give it life.

Teach me to say: Yes.

To faith, and to hope, and to love.

To your coming to live among us in this strange place.

For even when I am broken, fragmented, shattered even,

Something in me wants to be born in winter.

And in that yes,

Beyond any mercy I can imagine I am made whole.

Amen. 

(Prayer from Catholic Relief Services).  

No comments:

Post a Comment