Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Out of town until Friday, July 7

It is not often that I get to spend a few days in my very beloved hometown of Chicago.  I love the city of my birth.  On my dad's side of the family, I trace my roots in Chicago to my Great Great Grandfather, David Dall, who was a ship's captain of clipper ships on the great lakes during his time in the Chicago in the 19th century.  I love my hometown, as I have a lot of wonderful memories of my immediate and extended family as I grew up in the Northside Rogers Park neighborhood until the age of 12, at which time my family relocated to southern California. 
I have always wanted to attend a training conference on the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults. My opportunity arrived when Liturgical Training Publications announced this national gathering on Christian Initiation in Chicago.  I am meeting some wonderful people at the conference.  The presentations and discussions are wonderful.  And I even saw a fellow student from Sacred Heart School of Theology in Wisconsin where I attended seminary.  And I cannot leave out that I got to attend a Cubs game, first time since 1996!  What an experience it is going to Wrigley Field.  Even though we lost the game, it was so much fun.  Cubs fans are the best!!!!!  
I will be back in Tupelo for mass on Friday, July 7, taking the City of New Orleans Amtrak training back to Memphis.  When I told one of the conference attendees I would be going back on the City of New Orleans train, he responded, "Hey, isn't that a song!  Indeed it is.   

No comments:

Post a Comment