Wednesday, July 26, 2017

7/27/2017 - Thursday of the 16th week in Ordinary Time -Matthew 13:10-17

       We live in an age when the motives behind our faith are questioned by many in society, as many people cannot believe that we are sincere and grounded in what we believe in our lives of faith. That thought came to my mind with what Jesus tells us in today’s Gospel from Matthew: “Blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear.” Being able to believe in our modern world is a grace. It is not something that comes from ourselves alone.  It is a fruit from a freely given gift that we receive from God. Our faith is a grace; our faith would not exist without the way that God and the Holy Spirit interact in our lives.
      All of us have an exterior journey in life.  The job we go to each day.  The different activities that we have, the errands we run, the tasks we attend to, the way we spend our time productively, the way we spend our leisure and our rest.   But we also have an interior journey, a spiritual, the journey of the soul, of how we process our experiences, our encounters with others, our joys and our heartaches.  By God’s grace, we travel down these exterior and interior journeys of life.  
        I thought of a prayer from the Reino Christi youth program that one of my youth parishioners gave me years ago when I was stationed at St Richard.  I live the message of this prayer, of consecrating ourselves to the Lord. 

Lord Jesus, I give you my hands to do your work,
I give you my feet, to follow your path,
I give you my eyes to see as you do.
I give you my tongue to speak your words,
I give you my mind so that you can think in me,
I give you my spirit so that you can pray in me.
Above all, I give you my heart, so in me you can love your father and all people.

I give you my whole self so you can grow in me, until it is you, Lord, who lives, works, & prays in me.  AMEN 

No comments:

Post a Comment