Friday, May 29, 2020

Lincoln A Dall - 1865 - 1890




As a priest, I am used to marking the lives of the saints on the anniversaries of their deaths and their entry into eternal life.  I am the fifth person in my family to have the first name of Lincoln.  The first person in the Dall family named Lincoln passed away on May 28, 1890 at the age of 24, which is 130 years ago. His family worked on ships on the great lakes, as his father and mother immigrated to the United States from their home in Fife, Scotland.  Even though he died at such a young age, I have no idea of he died from an illness or from a shipwreck or an accident on one of the ships.  I have this photo of him that was passed down to me in my family.   With my name, I feel a connection to him and to my family in a special way.  I remember Lincoln A Dall on this day.  I pray for the repose of his soul.  I pray that his spirit and his prayers continue to lead me and guide me on my journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment