Saturday, January 4, 2020

Quote - St Elizabeth Ann Seton - He raises me from the dust...


Elizabeth Ann Seton, (1774 - 1821) is the first canonized American born saint (canonized in 1975 by Pope Paul VI).  She founded the first congregation of religious sister to be founded in the United States. She is the patron saint of Catholic schools and of widows. Her feast day is January 4.  Pope Paul VI had this to say about her:  “Elizabeth Ann Seton is a saint. St. Elizabeth Ann Seton is an American. All of us say this with special joy, and with the intention of honoring the land and the nation from which she sprang forth as the first flower in the calendar of the saints. Elizabeth Ann Seton was wholly American! Rejoice for your glorious daughter. Be proud of her. And know how to preserve her fruitful heritage.”  Here is a great quote of hers, a quote that has a basis in the psalms: 

“He raises me from the dust to feel that I am near Him. He drives away all terrors to fill me with his consolations. He is my Guide, my Friend and Supporter. With such a Guide, can I fear? With such a Friend, shall I not be satisfied. With such a Supporter, can I fall?”

No comments:

Post a Comment