Saturday, January 13, 2018

Hike from Pearl to downtown Jackson down Old Brandon Road - Photos







View of Pearl River

Old naval reserve building in downtown Jackson.

Old abandoned building on outskirts of downtown Jackson. 


Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love hiking.  Having sustained a stress fracture last January, my hiking days have been on hold.  After Christmas, I did an urban hike down Old Brandon Road from my parish in Pearl to downtown Jackson.  It was a lot of fun - I did the same route two days in a row.  Once I get my knee checked out again, I will be very ready to do this hike again.  Hiking helps me feel so connected to my environment.  Supposedly, this road had a lot of bootleggers in the Prohibition era and the early part of the 20th century.  I love all the history I learn about my adopted state of Mississippi.  It is so nice being back in the Jackson area.   i love being back here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment