Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thank you for the shrimp and grits


Due to a funeral and graveside blessing here last Sunday at our parish, I was unable to attend the Knights of Columbus meeting.  They had some shrimp and grists waiting for me when I got back.  This is probably my favorite dish here in the South.  I calculate that I have spent more time in the state of Mississippi (14 years) than the years I spent growing up in Illinois and California and any of the other places I have lived (which included, Quito, Ecuador; Borbon, Ecuador, Thies, Senegal; Kassa Island, Guinea; Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada;  High Level, Alberta, Canada; St Albert, Alberta, Canada; Robstown, Texas; LaGrange Park, Illinois; Chicago, Illinois; Santa Ana, California; Winston-Salem, North Carolina; Willowick, Ohio; and Franklin, Wisconsin.)  That is a long list!  

No comments:

Post a Comment