Thursday, October 8, 2026

Bulletin Reflection for World Mission Sunday - 18 October 2026

World Mission Sunday should resonate with us in different ways. I remember how it was about this time in the month of October back in the year 1992 that I traveled up to Winnipeg, Canada to serve as a lay missionary for two years, working in a food bank and an inner city soup kitchen. I remember visiting the Siloam mission soup kitchen for the first time, meeting the street people who were trying to survive just as the winter months were beginning in this cold Canadian city. We do not have to travel to a foreign country to be a missionary in spirit and to support the missions of the Church. St Therese, one of the patron saints of the missions, living out her missionary spirit and supported the missions as a cloistered nun in Normandy, France. I am thankful for all the ways our community here at Holy Savior supports missionary work in different ways. We also must never forget that we here in the Diocese of Jackson are designated by the Catholic Church as a mission Diocese, so this missionary spirit should always be a part of our daily identity. Have a blessed week everyone. Father Lincoln. 

No comments:

Post a Comment