Thursday, October 6, 2022

Bulletin Reflection - 28th Sunday in Ordinary Time - 9 October 2022

      This Sunday, we welcome Bishop Kopacz to our Mass celebrations at Holy Savior and Immaculate Conception as he installs me at the pastor.  I am very grateful for this opportunity to serve the people of God and the Church in the Diocese of Jackson at these two wonderful parishes.  I think about all that we have going on in our Church’s liturgical calendar right now.  Last week, we had the blessing of the animals at Holy Savior in honor of the feast day of St Francis of Assisi.  I got to bring my cat to the parish for the first time so that she could get a blessing.  This month of October, we commemorate Mission Month in the Catholic Church, which was appropriate with me finishing up my last mission appeal that first weekend in October.  This month of October is also Respect Life Month in the Catholic faith.  This past Friday, October, we commemorated the first Friday dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, one of my favorite devotions in the Catholic faith.  It is wonderful this month to be able to welcome visit Kopacz to our parishes and to have him celebrating Mass with us, displaying our unity as a Diocese with him as our Bishop.  I will be going out to town from October 10 - 19 on a pilgrimage to Italy with a pilgrimage group.  I am looking forward to that trip, but will be glad when my travels are over and will be able to spend more time with all of you.  Blessings to all of you.  Father Lincoln. 

No comments:

Post a Comment