Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Celebration the 13th anniversary of my ordination on the feast of the visitation - 31 May 2021


 

The feast of the Visitation is an important feast to me since it is the date of my ordination to the priesthood. Here is a famous painting of the Visitation drawn by the famous Italian painter Raphael in the early 16th century and painted by one of his assistants. I saw the original of this painting at the Prado art museum in Madrid.
It is hard to believe that 13 years have passed since I was ordained to the priesthood. I give thanks to the Diocese of Jackson for the opportunity to serve the people of God here as a priest. I give thanks to Bishop Latino for ordaining me - I continue to pray for the repose of his soul. And I give thanks to Bishop Kopacz for the opportunities I have had to serve in the Diocese. I thought I was spend my priesthood as a pastor in parishes in our Diocese - never did I think I would be serving the Diocese in the chancery office. Every day, I say of thanksgiving, thanking the Lord for calling me to the priesthood ad for the opportunity to serve the Church. I am so thankful for the years I have been able to serve in different parishes in our Diocese, including my current assignment at St Jude in Pearl and in parishes in Paulding and Newton where I help out. Thank you to the many people of the Diocese who have sent me best wishes today on my anniversary. I celebrated Mass at the Carmelite monastery with the sisters this morning - it was a blessing for me to begin the day in that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment