Saturday, June 19, 2021

19 June 2021 - Catholic Funeral Mass Readings - Betty Statham

Reading I:  Job 19:1, 23-27a (C2)

Responsorial Psalm:  Psalm 27 (D3) – The Lord is my light and my salvation. 

Reading II:  1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 (E12)

Gospel Reading:  John 6:51-59 (G13)  


A reading from the Book of Job

Job 19:1, 23-27a 

Job answered Bildad the Shuhite and said: Oh, would that my words were written down! Would that they were inscribed in a record: That with an iron chisel and with lead they were cut in the rock forever! But as for me, I know that my Vindicator lives, and that he will at last stand forth upon the dust; Whom I myself shall see: my own eyes, not another’s, shall behold him; And from my flesh I shall see God; my inmost being is consumed with longing.

The Word of the Lord.



Psalm 27: responsorial psalm

Response: The Lord is my light and salvation.


The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom should I fear?

The LORD is my life’s refuge;of whom should I be afraid?


Response: The Lord is my light and salvation.


One thing I ask of the LORD; this I seek:

To dwell in the LORD’s house all the days of my life,

To gaze on the LORD’s beauty, to visit his temple.


Response: The Lord is my light and salvation.


Hear, O’ Lord, the sound of my call; Have pity on me, and answer me.

Your presence, O’ Lord, I seek. Hide not your face from me.


Response: The Lord is my light and salvation.


I believe that I shall see the bounty of the Lord In the land of the living

Wait for the Lord with courage; Be stouthearted, and wait for the Lord.


Response: The Lord is my light and salvation.



A reading from the first Letter of Saint Paul to the Thessalonians

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 (E12)


We do not want you to be unaware, brothers and sisters, about those who have fallen asleep, so that you may not grieve like the rest, who have no hope.

For if we believe that Jesus died and rose, so too will God, through Jesus, bring with him those who have fallen asleep.

Indeed, we tell you this, on the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will surely not precede those who have fallen asleep.

For the Lord himself, with a word of command, with the voice of an archangel and with the trumpet of God, will come down from heaven, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.

Thus we shall always be with the Lord.

Therefore, console one another with these words.

The word of the Lord.



A reading from the holy Gospel according to John

John 6:51-58 (G13)


Jesus said to the crowds: “I am the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give is my Flesh for the life of the world.” The Jews quarreled among themselves, saying, “How can this man give us his Flesh to eat?” Jesus said to them, “Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the Flesh of the Son of Man and drink his Blood, you do not have life within you. Whoever eats my Flesh and drinks my Blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day. For my Flesh is true food, and my Blood is true drink. Whoever eats my Flesh and drinks my Blood remains in me and I in him. Just as the living Father sent me and I have life because of the Father,  so also the one who feeds on me will have life because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. Unlike your ancestors who ate and still died, whoever eats this bread will live forever.”

The Gospel of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment