Monday, September 11, 2017

Prayer for a Catechist - Catechetical Sunday - September 17 2017



Gracious God, 
Open the door to my soul. 
Bring me peace and perspective.  
May I learn to be at home with myself. 
May I extend a hospitable welcome to your indwelling spirit. 
Open the door to my heart and grace me with compassion and understanding. 
May I see with the eyes of Christ all of those I am called to catechize. 
Open the door to my mind and soften my thoughts. 
May I make room for both ideas and imagination, ever aware that knowledge is a gift of the spirit. 
Give me a joyful heart, soul, and mind, so that I may with others the great news of salvation and redemption. 
Through your son, Jesus Christ, I pray these words and ask for your divine help. 
AMEN.  

(Adapted from a prayer from SADLER RELIGION.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment