Thursday, January 27, 2022

Update - Father Lincoln

      As you can see, I have not had my normal homily posts here this week.  I was originally slated to go on pilgrimage in Spain on the Camino of St James starting on January 23 for two weeks.  As I love the Camino so much and as I need a break so badly, I was so looking forward to this time of pilgrimage to be with God in nature and to be united with the pilgrims of past, present and future.  Yet, with my own health journey and with the reality of travel and the reality of the pandemic, I realized in mid-December that this would not have been a prudent decision.  Plan B was to go on a hiking pilgrimage closer to home, on trails in Alabama or Louisiana or Georgia, or along the Gulf Coast.  I was even offered the use of a condo on the coast by a good friend.  Everything seemed to fall into place.  Everyone was encouraging to take this time off, knowing that my downtime and time away do not happen very often.  Then, Sunday, as the day progress, I started feeling very poorly, to the point where I was very sick on Sunday evening and scheduled a COVID test at the state department of health for the next day.  Though the rapid test Monday morning was negative, the test results that came back late Tuesday night were positive.  I have been isolated ever since.  My symptoms come and go.  But hopefully I am on the road to recovery.  

        There has been a lot of sickness with COVID, the flu, and with other things.  I pray that we all find health and healing in our lives.  Thank you to the many who have sent prayers and best wishes my way.  Know that my prayers go out to all of you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment