Thursday, January 27, 2022

Synodal process at St Jude parish - Pearl, MS

     Greetings to everyone. I am grateful for Father Clem to be able to fill in for me while I am trying to get over my bout with COVID. Thankfully, the respiratory symptoms are not too severe, since I often struggle greatly when I have a respiratory infection. There are a lot of people struggling with COVID and other illnesses right now. I am sure the big swings in weather we have been having lately do not help with our health struggles. I will miss being with all of you at this Masses this weekend, but will join virtually on Sunday morning. We pray for everyone who is dealing with illness and health issues right now.
       In the Flocknote reflection that I sent out this past week, we mentioned the synodal process that our Diocese is undertaking as a part of the synodal process in our universal Church as requested by Pope Francis. Below are the dates and times when we will be having our synodal sessions here at St Jude:

2/11 - Friday - 10:30 am - after the morning mass
2/16 - Tuesday - 6:30 pm - after the evening mass
2/20 - Sunday - 9:15 am
2/20 - Sunday - 5:00 pm - for youth

      Through the synodal process, we are going to reflect upon our journey as a Christian community, how we see God interacting with our lives as individuals and and as a prish. We are going to do this at these sessions through small table discussion, reflecting upon three particular Gospel readings from Luke. We will look at where God is calling us as individuals and as a community. We will look at how we would like the Church and our parish to respond to us in the midst of this reality. I am really looking forward to this synodal process giving us direction as a parish and as a Diocese, as well as helping us in our journey of faith as individuals. I want to encourage all of you to join us for these synodal reflection sessions at St Jude.
     Blessings to all of you - have a blessed week. I hope to be with you all at the Masses next weekend. Father Lincoln.

No comments:

Post a Comment