Saturday, October 12, 2019

Bulletin Reflection - 20 October 2019 - St Jude Catholic Church - Pearl Mississippi


Since this is World Mission Sunday, I thought I would share some quotes from the saints from around the world that I have quoted in homilies recently.  

Meister Eckhart (Dominican priest from Germany - 1260-1328) - “If the only prayer you say in your entire lives is thank you, that is enough.” 

Teresa of Avila (Carmelite nun and mystic from Spain - 1515-1582) - Let nothing trouble you, let nothing frighten you. All things are passing; God never changes. Patience obtains all things. He who possesses God lacks nothing: God alone suffices.

Ignatius of Antioch (Bishop in Syria - 35-108) - “It is not that I want merely to be called a Christian, but to actually be one. Yes, if I prove to be one, then I can have the name.”

Damien of Molokai (Belgian missionary priest in Hawaii - 1840-1889) - “I make myself a leper with the lepers to gain all for Christ.”

St Augustine (Bishop of Hippo in Africa and theologian - 354-430) - “Great are you, O Lord, and exceedingly worthy of praise; your power is immense, and your wisdom beyond reckoning. We who are a part of your creation, long to praise you…You arouse us so that praising you may bring us joy, because you have made us and have drawn us to yourself. Our hearts are restless until they rest in you.”





No comments:

Post a Comment