Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Tour of West Rogers Park - Chicago - Indian Boundary Park and Lunt Park

Until I was the age of 12, I grew up in the West Rogers Park neighborhood of Chicago, the same neighborhood where my dad grew up.   I have a lot of good memories from there.  Growing up in Chicago, hanging out and playing in the parks was a way of life.  I visited the Lunt Street playground and Indian Boundary Park when I was back in Chicago last week.  I spent hours and hours at those two places as a child.  I remember as a child hearing that the Lunt Playground was once the location of a neighborhood jail.  And the photo of the pond at Indian Boundary park shows the place where my dad as a child fell through the ice during winter while ice skating and almost drowned until someone pulled him out.  






No comments:

Post a Comment