Thursday, March 24, 2016

Holy Thursday Services

Join us at St James Catholic Church in Tupelo, Mississippi for Holy Thursday mass on March 24th at 7:00 pm in English, followed by the vigil with the blessed sacrament until midnight, and in Spanish at 8:30 pm. The homily at the English mass will be preached by Deacon Joseph Le. We hope you join us for this first day of the Triduum of Holy Week at St James in Tupelo.
The Shrine of Chimayo in New Mexico
where there is a special pilgrimage during 
Holy Week each year.  I visited here with my
friend Jim Novel before I was ordained. 

4 comments:

  1. I'll have to visit that shrine next time I'm in New Mexico!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love the shrine of Chimayo, Zola. It is truly a magical place. There is a monastery in northern New Mexico as well called Christ in the Desert. I have not been there yet, but many of my friends have and have raved about it. I love New Mexico - a very spiritual land.

      Delete
  2. There really aren't many places that are better for contemplation than the high desert in New Mexico. It may be time for another bus trip soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There really aren't many places that are better for contemplation than the high desert in New Mexico. It may be time for another bus trip soon!

    ReplyDelete