Wednesday, November 20, 2013

On a weeklong break in North Carolina

It seems like I rarely get a break from my daily life as a parish priest.  And as much as I love my vocation as a priest, we all need a break every once in a while, don't we?  I am off in North Carolina this week, visiting my dear friend Nancy Sowa in the city of Durham.  Nancy and I met when we were in the Peace Corps together.  We also walked the Camino de Santiago together when I went to Spain the first time in the summer of 2003.  I will be back in Tupelo for the weekend masses and for the Quinceañera of Pricilla Thompson that we will be having at St James on Saturday morning.  Please pray that I make it back in time - my plane arrives in Memphis at 10:30 am and I have to make it back to Tupelo by 1:00 pm.  It will be pedal to the medal.  I hope everyone has a good week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment