Monday, September 26, 2022

Bulletin Reflection - 27th Sunday of Ordinary Time - 2 October 2022

     This past weekend, I was at the parish of St Ignatius in the town on Annandale, Minnesota, located about 60 miles northwest of the Minneapolis-St Paul metro area.  I celebrated the weekend Masses there, telling them stories of our Diocese and being Catholic in the Bible Belt of the Deep South.  This summer, I have had mission appeals in southern California, Minnesota, and next weekend in New Hampshire, celebrating Mass at Catholic parishes in different parts of the country and in very different realities.  I enjoy interacting with the Catholic faithful in this way.  As we hear Jesus asked about faith in the Gospel this weekend, as Jesus tells us that faith as small as a mustard seed can do big things, we are asked to reflect upon our own faith.  I see the faith of the people manifested in different ways as I visit these parishes for our mission appeal.  The sister parish of St Ignatius, St Timothy parish in Maple Grove, Minnesota, was celebrating the 100th anniversary of its church building.  The Archbishop of Minneapolis-St Paul came to celebrate Mass with them that Sunday morning. The parish held a dinner and a parish festival that weekend, celebrating their history and their faith.  We here at Holy Savior and Raymond have our history and our own story of faith that we recognize and celebrate as well.  I am thankful for Father McGing and Father Charles celebrating the weekend Masses while I have been away these past two weekends. I miss being with all of you and will be thankful when we travels this fall are over. Blessings to all of you.  I look forward to being with all of you when Bishop Kopacz visits us at Holy Savior and Immaculate Conception to commemorate my installation as pastor next weekend.  Father Lincoln. 

No comments:

Post a Comment