Saturday, September 14, 2019

Bulletin Reflection - St Jude Catholic Church - 22 September 2019

       This way a busy week for me.  On Thursday, I traveled to Tupelo for a brief stop, where I will talk to the two sisters who are serving in the parishes in Ripley and Booneville.  Then, after that brief stop in Tupelo, I made my way up to southern Indiana, where I will be giving a presentation to a group of new pastors at St Meinrad Seminary and School of Theology.  St Meinrad is a Benedictine Archabbey, one of only eleven Benedictine archabbeys in the world.  Founded in 1854 by some monks from Switzerland, this archabbey now houses about 85 monks. St Meinrad is located in the middle of the cornfields of southern Indiana near the town of Santa Claus.  This is the sixth time I have given this presentation up there; I will be going again to make the same presentation in November to a different group of new pastors. 
        As we hear about how the steward uses he shrewdness to survive in Jesus’ parable in the Gospel this weekend, we think about how we can use our own shrewdness, our own talents, and our own creativeness to live out our faith and to bring the Gospel to those around us.  For so long, I thought that I wanted to flee my background as an accountant and an auditor to work in ministry as a missionary and a priest, but especially in the way I have called to serve the Diocese this past year, I see how my accounting and finance experience can be used for the good of God’s kingdom and the good of our Church.  I enjoy being a part of the workshop for new pastors at St Meinrad as I can continue to use my accounting and finance skills to help form new pastors.  
        We are so excited about ALPHA this fall at St Jude.  This is another way that we can reach out to our community and form ourselves as evangelizers.  Evangelization requires creativity, imagination, and enthusiasm, which are all present here at St Jude.  Blessings to all of you this week.  No matter where we are on our journey, no matter what our talents and gifts, God will lead us and inspire us to proclaim his kingdom here on earth.  

No comments:

Post a Comment