Monday, December 1, 2014

Prayer of Pope Clement XI

I saw this prayer from Pope Clement XI on a resource guide for Advent. (Clement XI was pope from 1700 to 1721.  He was a great patron of the sciences and the arts, as well as a great supporter of the Vatican Library).  I really like the spirit of this prayer as we start the Advent season.  

Lord, I believe in you: increase my faith.
I trust in you: strengthen my trust.
I love you: let me love you more and more.
I am sorry for my sins: deepen my sorrow.
I worship you as my first beginning.
I long for you as my last end.
I praise you as my constant helper.
I call upon you as my loving protector.
I want to do what you ask of me:
In the way you ask, for as long as you ask, because you ask.
Let me love you Lord as my God.
And see myself as I really am: a pilgrim in this world.
A Christian called to respect and love all those lives I touch.

AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment