Monday, April 15, 2019

Chrism Mass - Tuesday - 16 April 2019

      Tuesday, April 16, we are celebrating the Chrism Mass here in the Diocese of Jackson.  In the rubrics published by the US Bishops, it states that the Chrism Mass is usually celebrated on Holy Thursday.  However, in the case of our Diocese, which is very large geographically, in fact the largest geographically East of the Mississippi River, we can celebrate it on another day during Holy Week, since it would be difficult for the priests to return back to their parishes to celebrate Holy Thursday Mass with their parish communities.  
      I always enjoy attending the Chrism Mass in our Diocese.  It is Tuesday, April 16, at 5:45 pm.  If you have not been before, I encourage you at attend.  I look forward to renewing my vow of obedience to Bishop Kopacz, an important part of my priestly spirituality.  And I enjoy the blessing of the holy oils which we bring back to our parishes in order to use in the sacraments throughout the year.  

Chrism Mass - 
Cathedral of St Peter the Apostle 
Downtown Jackson 
Tuesday - April 16
5:45 PM


No comments:

Post a Comment