Thursday, August 10, 2017

Two quotes from Ignatius of Loyola

We recently celebrate the feast of Ignatius of Loyola on July 31, which was my last day as pastor at St James Catholic Church in Tupelo.  St Ignatius is very much at the forefront of my spirituality right now, since I am preparing to attend the 30 day Ignatian spiritual exercises in Loyola, Spain next summer and have just started my preparation.  I recently found these quotes from Ignatius of Loyola, which I thought were worth sharing. 

"Few souls understand what God would accomplish in them if they were to abandon themselves unreservedly to him and if they were to allow his grace to mold them accordingly."  

"Teach us, good Lord, 
to serve you as you deserve, 
to give and not to count the cost, 
to fight and not to heed the wounds, 
to toil and not to seek for rest, 
to labor and not to ask for any reward, 
expect that of knowing that we do your will."


No comments:

Post a Comment