Friday, January 8, 2016

Gathering of pilgrims - Jackson, Mississippi - January 7, 2015



Last night, I traveled to Jackson, Mississippi for a gathering of pilgrims who had journeyed to the Camino of Santiago in Spain.  Some of us went together.  Many of us have gone multiple times.  All of us are very compassionate about the Camino and about our identity as pilgrims.  I journeyed in the spring of 2012 with Claudia, Hallie, Lyons, and Celia (who was not able to make it to our gathering.)  I later went back to Spain in the winter of last year to walk the pilgrimage route, and I leave again on January 17.  I want to thank all these wonderful people for their friendship and their enthusiasm and the way they live out their faith in so many different ways.  Thank you, Claudia, for hosting us in your home last night.  What a wonderful gathering it was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment