Saturday, December 3, 2022

Advent prayer - Catholic relief services

As we are now in the second week of Advent, it is important that we reflect upon our Advent journey.  We as a society have been through a lot of struggles these past couple of years.  There has been a lot of suffering, fear, and frustration coming out of the pandemic and with all the division and strife we have faced as a society.  But there have been a lot of blessings and new life as well.  We are all called to work toward a time of renewal, healing, and rebirth.  May we gain important insights as we journey through the Advent season this year.  I would like to share with you the following Advent prayer from Catholic Relief Services: 

Something in Me Wants to Be Born in Winter

Lord of all Light,

When my days are filled with doubt,

Something within me will not cease believing.

When I feel despair, something in me still hopes.

Even when I see hatred,

Something within me is still moved to love.


I am not Mary: Sinless, blameless, ever-virtuous.

Yet something in me wants to be born in winter.

Teach me to nourish it, protect it, give it life.

Teach me to say: Yes.

To faith, and to hope, and to love.

To your coming to live among us in this strange place.


For even when I am broken, fragmented, shattered even,

Something in me wants to be born in winter.

And in that yes,

Beyond any mercy I can imagine I am made whole.

Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment