Thursday, August 25, 2016

Prayers -

I am in Indianapolis this week visiting some friends to rest and sleep, to try to recover from my recent bout with pneumonia.  I give thanks for my dear friend Anne Belcher and her son Marty for always welcoming me and taking such good care of me.  I offer my prayer for these tragic events that have occurred recently - 

For the victims of the earthquake in Italy - for aide for the survivors and prayers for those who have died. 

For Father August "Gus" Langenkamp, SVD, who passed away in Chicago earlier this week.  We thank him for his many years of service in the Diocese of Jackson and in the parish of St James in Tupelo in particular.  

For the repose of the souls of the two nuns who were murdered in their residence in Holmes County, Mississippi.  Sister Paul Merrill of the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth, Kentucky and Sister Margaret Held of the School Sisters of Milwaukee, Wisconsin.   We give thanks to God for their lives and for their service.   May they rest in peace.

For our city of Tupelo  -  for peace, healing, reconciliation, and dialogue. 


We pray to the Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment