Thursday, August 25, 2016

Happy BIrthday to my Mom



Today, August 25, is my mom's birthday.  She would have been 90 years old today.  Lila Rose Spannenberg was born in the Logan Square neighborhood of Chicago.  She brought so much joy to a lot of people.  The only child of William Spannenberg and Clara Schramm, her love of music, her love of life, and her joyful laugh touched so many people. She was loved greatly by her family and friends, especially her four children.  She passed away on Labor Day weekend of 1991.  My prayers go out to my mom today.  I remember her in a very special way today. I hope you know how loved you were by so many.  

And I know that you, Aunt Alice, Uncle Spud, Uncle Dick, and all the Spannenberg clan are rejoicing at how well the Cubs are playing this year.   I am rooting for the Cubs with all my heart and I remember you and all your wonderful family - club fans forever!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment