Monday, August 4, 2014

8/7/2014 – Thursday of 18th week in Ordinary Time – Psalm 51

       “Create a clean heart in me, O God.”  I find it really interesting that the psalmist does not say purify my heart or cleanse my heart, but rather “create” in me a clean heart.  The psalmist emphasizes God’s creative action, the new life and the new creation that we become through God.  The psalmist goes on to say – “A steadfast spirit renew within me.”   In asking for a new spirit and a new heart, the psalmist asks to renew the presence of both the human and the divine within him, to renew that which is depraved and broken and disordered within him.  In the light of today’s psalm, we can ask ourselves:
What energy do I feel flowing through me?
Where is the energy of God that is guiding me on my journey?
What is the Spirit that I feel God entrusting in me?

How am I helping God create a new within me?

No comments:

Post a Comment