Thursday, November 23, 2023

3 December 2023 - Bulletin Reflection - Holy Savior Catholic Church - Clinton Mississippi - First Sunday of ADVENT

The entrance antiphon for the Mass today quotes Psalm 25: “To you, I lift up my soul, O my God. In you, I have trusted; let me not be put to shame. Nor let my enemies exult over me; and let none who hope in you be put to shame.”  We enter the holy season of Advent with hope and trust, two sentiments expressed in the antiphon today. We await the coming of the Lord as we prepare for his birth at Christmas.  Advent starts late this year, since the 4th Sunday of Advent falls on December 24th this year.  This upcoming week, we have our Advent reconciliation service on Wednesday, December 6, at 6:00 pm.  We will have different area priests here to hear your confession.  The sacrament of reconciliation is always an important part of our Advent journey.  In addition, we celebrate the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception this Friday, with Masses offered that day at both Holy Savior and Immaculate Conception. We pray that the first week of Advent be a meaningful time in your life as we prepare for the birth of our Savior.  Blessings - Father Lincoln.   

No comments:

Post a Comment