Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Bulletin reflection - 21 AUGUST 2022 - 21st Sunday in Ordinary time

     What do we have to do to truly be a disciple of Jesus?   Who will be chosen to enter into God’s eternal kingdom?   In essence, that is what Jesus is asked when someone questions him as he's teaching in the towns and villages on his way to Jerusalem: “Jesus, will only a few people be saved?  Will I be among them?”  In Jesus’s response to this question posed to him by the crowds, perhaps he is telling us that it is entirely another question that we need to be asking instead.  Perhaps the question we should be asking pertains to how we can grow in our relationship with Jesus and grow on our journey of faith. 

     I had a good mission appeal at Mission San Gabriel just east of the city of Los Angeles last weekend.  We had seven Masses on Saturday and Sunday last weekend, so I was quite busy, with Masses in Vietnamese, Spanish, and English.  I have seven Masses coming up this weekend at Our Lady of Peace located in the San Fernando area of Los Angeles.  I enjoy representing our Diocese at these parishes and to tell our stories. 

     I have been hiking the California mission trail during my time here in Southern Caliofornia.  Today, as I write this, I was done in the Oceanside area hiking along the coast, which was just beautiful.  Oceanside is home to Mission San Luis Rey.   I am hoping to visit Mission San Juan Capistrano in Orange County this week as well.  Most of you know how much I love hiking and love going on pilgrimage, so I am very much enjoying this experience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment