Thursday, September 15, 2016

Celebrating Our Lady of the Sorrows - September 15



Stabat Mater Dolorosa

1. The grieving Mother stood weeping 
beside the cross where her Son was hanging 

2. Through her weeping soul, 
compassionate and grieving, a sword passed. 

3. O how sad and afflicted 
was that blessed Mother of the Only-begotten! 

4. Who mourned and grieved, the pious Mother, 
looking at the torment of her glorious Child 

5. Who is the person who would not weep 
seeing the Mother of Christ in such agony? 

6. Who would not be able to feel compassion 
on beholding Christ's Mother suffering with her Son? 

7. For the sins of his people 
she saw Jesus in torment and subjected to the scourge. 

8. She saw her sweet offspring dying, 
forsaken, while He gave up his spirit 

9. O Mother, fountain of love, make me feel 
the power of sorrow, that I may grieve with you 

10. Grant that my heart may burn in the love 
of Christ my Lord, that I may greatly please Him 

11. Holy Mother, grant that the wounds 
of the Crucified drive deep into my heart. 

12. That of your wounded Son, who so deigned 
to suffer for me, I may share the pain 

13. Let me sincerely weep with you, 
bemoan the Crucified, for as long as I live 

14. To stand beside the cross with you, 
and to join you in your weeping, this I desire 

15. Chosen Virgin of virgins, 
be not bitter with me, let me weep with thee 

16. Grant that I may bear the death of Christ, 
share his Passion, and commemorate His wounds 

17. Let me be wounded with his wounds, 
let me be inebriated by the cross and your Son's blood 

18. Lest I be set afire by flames of death, Virgin, 
may I be defended by you, on the day of judgement 

19. Christ, when it is time to pass away, grant that 
through your Mother I may come to the palm of victory 

20. When my body dies, grant that to my soul 
is given the glory of paradise. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment