Friday, July 15, 2016

7/21/2016 - Thursday of the 16th week in Ordinary Time -Matthew 13:10-17

     We recognize how we live in an age when the motives behind our faith are questioned by many in society, as many people can’t believe that we are sincere and grounded in what we believe. That thought came to my mind with what Jesus tells us in today’s Gospel from Matthew: “Blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear.” Being able to believe in our modern world is a grace. It is not something that comes from ourselves alone.  It is a fruit from a gift we receive from God. Our faith is a grace; our faith would not exist without the way that God and the Holy Spirit interact in our lives.
      All of us have an exterior journey in life.  The job we go to each day.  The different activities that we have, the errands we run, the tasks we attend to, the way we spend our time productively, the way we spend our leisure and our rest.   But we also have an interior journey, a spiritual, the journey of the soul, of how we process our experiences, our encounters with others, our joys and our heartaches.  By God’s grace, we travel down these exterior and interior journeys of life.  
      Let us pray:
Lord, I want to see you. 
Lord, I want to hear you.  
Lord, I want to know you. 
Lord, I want to follow you. 
And even before I know what I am going to face today, let me say yes to you. AMEN. 

No comments:

Post a Comment