Sunday, May 12, 2013

Prayer in the spirit of the Ascension


I received a lot of requests for the prayer I had at the end of my homily for the Solemnity of the Ascension.  It was originally given to me by Kolbe Alsobrooks, a young man who is a member of St Richard Catholic Church in Jackson, Mississippi. It comes from Reino Christi.  Here it is:

Lord Jesus, I give you my hands to do your work,
I give you my feet, to follow your path,
I give you my eyes to see as you do.
I give you my tongue to speak your words,
I give you my mind so that you can think in me,
I give you my spirit so that you can pray in me.
Above all, I give you my heart, so in me you can love your father and all people.
I give you my whole self so you can grow in me, until it is you, Lord, who lives, works, & prays in me.  AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment