Tuesday, November 25, 2014

An end to my blog posts - at least for now

I started this blog some years ago when I was serving as a priest in the Mississippi and have continued during the 22 months I have been serving in Tupelo.  I have enjoyed this process of sharing my homilies and thoughts with parishioners and others through this blog.  However, as I have found out all too well in recent months, the internet can be a very mean place.  I have been bullied on social media and my blog has also been the subject of attacks.  My intent was always to be positive and to share my preaching and my ministry with others.   I became a missionary and a priest to serve the Lord and to serve my brothers and sisters. In have had my challenges and my ups and downs, that is for sure, and I thank the Lord for the grace he given me to persevere.   At this time, I am very disheartened by some of the things I have experienced.  Maybe after a break, I will feel the call to start the blog posts again, but at this time, I feel God calling me to put it on hold.  Blessings to all of you and thank you for reading my blog.

Father Lincoln

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear this. The internet is indeed a horrible place more often than not, and I TOTALLY understand where you are coming from with this decision. If you return, be sure to make a blog with a registration requirement. It allows you more control over those who choose to be disruptive. :( I feel sad that you find you need a break from such a benign and helpful outreach.

    ReplyDelete