Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Quote from the Dalai Lama -

I met a lady named Nancy Welch while hiking on the pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela in the summer of 2003.  She and her husband are from the Twin Cities area of Minnesota and were riding bikes down the Camino.  I kept on bumping into them as we continue on our journey in Spain, and saw them in a cafe in Santiago right before they were getting on the train to go back to Madrid.  Nancy and I correspond through emails a couple times a year.  Here is a quote she send me from the Dalai Lama - she said that reading about my prison ministry prompted her to send me this quote. 

"Love and kindness are the very basis of society. If we lose these feelings, society will face tremendous difficulties; the survival of humanity will be endangered.”

No comments:

Post a Comment