Saturday, November 19, 2011

Back in the Delta With Memories of Winnipeg

     I am back in Yazoo City, back in the day-to-day reality of the Mississippi Delta, after my wonderful trip to Canada.  Winnipeg is one of my spiritual homes, a place where I found my voice and found my calling to be a missionary.  In the soup kitchens and food banks and inner city streets of Winnipeg, I heard God's voice clearly, I heard that voice calling me to serve him in a special way.  When I go back to Winnipeg for visits, I feel the spirituality of that wonderful city and of my missionary experiences calling out to me, to remind me of my calling.  I am grateful to the city of Winnipeg and for my experiences there.  I am grateful to good friends, to my adopted "family" there, to Dolly White, my adopted mom, and all of her wonderful clan; to Trish and Darryl Jackson and their entire family; to my friends Fran and Maria whom I met at Winnipeg Harvest so long ago.  It was great to rest and to re-energize.  I am glad to be back with my "people" in the parishes and prisons of Yazoo and Humphreys counties in the Mississippi Delta.  This weekend we celebrate the end of our liturgical year with Christ, the King.  I am glad to be back - the homilies will follow -

No comments:

Post a Comment